The West Virginia Cancer Clinical Trials Network (WVCTN) was founded in December 2013 with our first phase of membership in April 2015. We are a collaboration of cancer physicians and healthcare organizations, providing access to state of the art cancer care to patients and their families in West Virginia, close to home.
The WVCTN operates under three main pillars:
- Increase advocacy and access to clinical trials to our cancer population by collaborating with physicians, clinics, and industry partners.
- Provide education on the importance and regulations of clinical research to patients and their families, healthcare providers, healthcare organizations, and all interested parties in both the private and public sectors.
- Develop quality benchmarks for the medical oncology community throughout the state of West Virginia.
Our logo has a very special symbolism. We chose a two-toned lavender and plum ribbon as:
- Lavendar represents ALL cancer awareness.
- Plum represents Caregiver awareness, meaning family as well as the medical team we represent.
- And, our Blue Circle signifies embracing the entire state to bring clinical trials forward and our mission to keep Cancer Care Close to Home.